Here I follow up on that post by listing some of the suggestions I received as to the tiny steps some of you are taking to make life just that little bit fuller. Now I just need to take action on some of them…!
– A few years ago I began integrating morning pages into my daily routine – first thing when I wake up, and can say that without a doubt they are one of the best things I’ve ever done for both my personal life and career as an entrepreneur.
– Time – use that extra time in the evening and morning to reflect on what went well during the day (and repeat it) and also what didn’t go well and why (and do not repeat it …or amend what you do at least).
– Food – consider if you are eating what you need… or is it just what you want. You might end up eating what you want anyway but at least it will be a considered decision. Worst case – you save some money and possibly improve your health.
– Fuel – (gas, electricity or otherwise) before using it consider, if you had to generate or produce it yourself (rather than simply pay for it) …would you. Is there a choice e.g. use the lift or use the stairs. Incidental training opportunities are everywhere!
– I am trying to read more and take more photographs
– A simple act of kindness is one of the greatest free things we can do. Smile at someone (without scaring them) or compliment them on their jumper, skirt, shoes belt!
– Listen to a different genre of radio station: it will open your eyes to new music.
– I love swimming 50 lengths before work.
– Stretch more!
– When I go home from work I write a post-it note of the 3 things I need to do first of all in the morning. I stick it onto my monitor. It helps me flow from being “in the zone” in the evening and to keep it going the next day.
– Every morning when I brush my teeth I look at myself in the mirror and work out the 3 Most Important Tasks that I MUST complete in order for the day to be a success. Helps focus me, I find.
– Bake your own bread!