I’ve just received this email. I can’t imagine they will be short of volunteers. If you even have the slightest interest please get in touch with them: you’ll never know unless you try.
Team Boatylicious are a team of 3 girls who will be competing in the New Ocean Wave Pacific Rowing Race 2014. We are still looking for our fourth team mate to complete the boat. The race sets off from Monterey, California crossing 2100 nautical miles of the Pacific Ocean to reach Honolulu, Hawaii.
The race officially starts on June 7th 2014 (conditions dependant) but you will need to be in California from May 24th onwards.
There are a few essentials required to join our team:
1. Good sense of humour.
2. Willingness to work hard on all preparation including continuing to source sponsors, fundraising for charity and publicising our race.
3. Ability to commit to training as a team, all courses required for the event and boat preparation.
4. A reasonable level of physical fitness required already with a willingness to train like an animal! We have a personal trainer and doctor on the team so you’re in good hands but we’ll be attacking this with all we have!
We would ideally like our team mate to be:
2. Aged 25-40
3. Have previous ocean experience – sailing/rowing
4. Have knowledge of GPS, navigation and other equipment needed for this kind of event.
If you don’t fit into this criteria but are interested in joining our team, please get in touch with us anyway as we would love to hear from you. We may be able to bend the rules if we like you and you fit in as part of our team.
We’d love to hear from you.