On Tuesday night several people in the expedition world will be giving short talks about their adventures to help raise money for the Pakistan Flood Appeal. We’re using the same format of 20 slides that each scroll after 20 seconds as we did at this year’s Nights of Adventure for Hope and Homes for Children.
Speakers include Ben Saunders, Olly Steeds, Dan Martin, Tarka-n-Katie, Jamie Buchanan-Dunlop, and me. Here’s the full details:
Each talk will consist of only 20 slides that will automatically scroll on after just 20 seconds. It is an unusual, challenging presentation format. Once the talk begins there is no stopping or going back: it is fast and furious and the audience must be ready to be swept from adventure to adventure!
Confirmed speakers so far are:
- Bonita Norris – The youngest British woman to summit Everest
- Ed Stafford – In 859 days, Ed has just become the first man to walk the entire length of the Amazon from source to sea. This is his first public speech!
- Katie L’Herpiniere – is the first person to walk the length of the Great Wall of China, completed the longest ever crossing of the world’s 3rd largest ice-cap by a woman, live at -50C on the Arctic Ocean, cycled through East Africa….
- Al Humphreys
- Ben Saunders – Ben is a polar explorer and a record-breaking long-distance skier, with four North Pole expeditions under his belt. He is the youngest to ski solo to the North Pole and holds the record for the longest solo Arctic journey by a Briton.
- Sohail Azhar – A Pakistani perspective
- Jamie Buchanan-Dunlop – Digital Explorer – Adventures in Education & The Academy of Exploration (www.digitalexplorer.com)
- Oliver Steeds – a critically acclaimed independent broadcast journalist, presenter for Travel & Discovery Channels with the popular World’s Lost Tribes series and Mystery Investigator.
Doors open 7pm – Talks start at 7.30pm
On registration we will send you the location details – but it’s to be held at the Google HQ – and so you MUST register for tickets or you wont be allowed in!
Many thanks to Google UK for hosting this event!!!
*** Tickets are £20 each (paid on the door) and all proceeds will go to the DEC Pakistan Floods Appeal ****
*** As Eventbrite will take a percentage of the money through the site – please bring cash or cheque made payable to DEC PAKISTAN FLOODS APPEAL on the night ***
***YOU MUST REGISTER: The event is at GOOGLE HQ so you have to register for tickets or you WONT be allowed in!!***