Last night was the second Night of Adventure, a fundraising event for Hope and Homes for Children. Fifteen speakers kindly gave up their time to present to an audience of 400 people at the Vue cinema in Leicester Square, London.
Over the next weeks I will be sharing their talks on this site (like this).
For now I just want to thank them all for their brilliant efforts and to point you towards their own exciting projects:
- Sarah Outen is preparing for ’London to London : via the World’, A Sarah-powered loop of the globe.
- Tarquin Cooper has just returned from a 1000km expedition with the Royal Marines.
- Mark Kalch is running an Expedition school in the Pyrenees: 20th – 22nd August 2010.
- Tom Kevill-Davies, The Hungry Cyclist, has just returned from cycling the Mekong river.
- Olly Steed’s series, Mystery Investigator, launches with his investigation into Robin Hood and airs every Monday night at 10pm for the next 8 weeks on Discovery.
- Chris Jewell is looking for sponsorship for his cave diving expedition to Mexico.
- Nick Weston’s book, the Tree House Diaries, is out this week.
- Follow Olly Hick’s round the world rowing project here.
- Nick Hand is cycling -slowly- round the coast of Ireland this August.
- Felicity Aston has just returned from leading an expedition of Commonwealth women to the South Pole.
- Dave Corthwaite’s book about skateboarding across Australia, BoardFree, is available now.
- Pete Rhodes’ big wall climbing DVD from Patagonia is out now.
- Mike and Alanna will share their elusive secrets of lasting love.
To make a donation to Hope and Homes for Children please click below.