One part of my life is about adventure. Another part of my life is about creating stories. And another is about building an online audience, and using this to pay the bills. These books have been massively useful for helping me turn my love for adventure and stories into a viable career.
If you run a blog or a small business, then I recommend all of these.
Please do add any other recommendations you may have in the comments section below.
- The War of Art – Steven Pressfield
- Tools of Titans – Tim Ferriss
- The Escape Manifesto
- How to Get Rich – Felix Dennis
- Tribes – Seth Godin (plus all his other books, plus his daily blog)
- The $100 Startup – Chris Guillebeau
- Stop Talking, Start Doing – Shaa Wasmund
- Anything You Want – Derek Sivers
- The 4-Hour Work Week – Tim Ferriss
- Do / Purpose – David Hieatt
- A Book About Innocent
- Let My People Go Surfing – Yvon Chouinard
- Rework – Jason Fried
- Deep Work – Cal Newport
- The Economist Style Guide
- The Wealthy Speaker 2.0 – Jane Atkinson
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook – Gary Vaynerchuk