Here’s a 60-second interview I did for Ooh.com
1)What’s your wildest adventure memory?
Last year I walked across India. One night I found myself swept along by a festival of hundreds of people dancing down the road with jars of fire on their heads. Leading the procession were men with long spikes through their faces and a man hanging from the ground by a load of meat hooks through his back
2) Give us your best advice for becoming a fully fledged adventurer
BEGIN! Do something difficult, unusual, interesting, and do it because you really care about the project. You can start to make a living once you’ve done something interesting
3) What three items can you not live without?
My camera, nice Moleskine diary, and decent coffee
4) Who in your industry do you most admire?
Ranulph Fiennes, for forging a path I would love to follow: making a career on the back of doing challenging, interesting expeditions
5) If you could pick an Ooh activity, what would it be?
An Asian cooking course
6) Tell us something that not many people know about you
Until I left school I wanted to be a Vet
7) What would be your ultimate adventure?
To land on the moon
8) If you weren’t an adventurer what would you be?
9) Who would play you in the film about your life?
Someone scrawny and stubborn!