A while ago I found myself in the delicious position of being in the Highlands of Scotland, armed with a hire car, bivvy bag and packraft, and with nowhere particularly to go.
The situation screamed out “Road Trip!” A quick request on Twitter and Facebook as to the Top 5 Most Beautiful Scottish Mountains came up with some real gems. You should try to check some of them out for yourselves…
Sean Newall I like Ben lui a lot. Got a alpine look to it. Really needs to be covered in snow though. Great wee pub for drink afterwards nearby too!
Mark Cooper I wouldnt bother with Nevis, never get a view from the top, Ben Lui is very nice, get to Mull Al, beautiful on the western islands. When you coming up?
Martin Radoczi I love Meall a’ Bhuiridh in Glen Coe.
Janyis Watson Hopefully someone will suggest a beauty near the Kyle of Lochalsh, where I’mm heading on Friday!
Howard Elliott Suilven, Stac Pollaidh, An Teallach, Slioch, Liathach
- Tony Skerl Cuillins – Skye be there for a sunrise or sunset.
- Paul Kle buachaille etive mor
- AndrewBober Cuillins
- totempd Any over in the Western Isles, rising straight out of the sea.
- scotland2sahara@Al_Humphreys 5 most beautiful mountains in Scotland? I like An Teallach, Liatach, Stob Binnean, the eildon hills and all of Skye.
- stevesaunders I love Foinaven myself, Ben stack is a beauty
- Loosehold the cuilin ridge ( hmm can you call that a mountain? ) must be up there with the true mountains!
- Littlehuan Arrochar Alps above Rest and be Thankful are stunning. Also my favourite Scottish place name. Not highland though.
- GridNorth An Teallach, Liathach, Suilven, Ladhar Bheinn, Aonach Eagach
- 55n 1-buchaille etive mhor 2-foinavon 3- Liathach 4-Braeriach 5- Sgurr na Ciche with honourable mention for Ben Nevis north face
- iain_jones Suilven, Ben More Assynt, Buachaille Etive Mor, Ben Starav, Schiehallion
- kim_harding Suilven
- bazzargh 1. Buachaille Etive Mor 2. the rest?
- adam_jb_long Sgurr nan Gillean, Stob Dearg, Schiehallion, An Teallach, Stac Pollaidh. Favourite and most beautiful r 2 different questions
- tourwinner Beinn Eighe near Torridon is one that stays with me