Here’s how to make an adventure happen:
- Work out what adventure you want to have.
- Work out how much money you need to make it happen.
- Save up that amount of money (plus as much extra as you can manage – adventures always go over budget).
- Work out how to make time in your life for the adventure.
- Acquire any skills / fitness necessary to make your adventure happen.
- Sort out the equipment you need.
- Get your head round the logistics of the adventure (visas, permits, seasons, communication).
- Decide whether you want to share your adventure with the world or keep it to yourself (maybe read this post too).
I can help you with all of these phases.
I’mm calling it #GrandAdventures.
#GrandAdventures is my attempt to attract people who currently enjoy passively reading about adventures and convert them to someone who is actually out there in the world’s wild places doing something amazing.
I want to make exciting adventures such as these accessible to everyone who reads my website: cycling to Africa, crossing Iceland from coast to coast, riding a train across India, rafting or swimming the River Tagus or walking across Patagonia. A year from now you could be doing any of these…
So let’s get started.
Let me know
(in the comments section) what help you need to make your dream adventure happen. What’s the mental hurdle that’s holding you back? What do you need to learn? What do you need to do?
The plan for #GrandAdventures is to begin saving today. Saving £20 a week (or a sum suitable for you) will accumulate into £1000 in a year. That’s easily enough money to do something epic! Here is a simple guide to setting up a weekly Standing Order into a dedicated adventure fund. It takes 15 minutes to do and then you just forget about it as the money mounts up. Do it now.
Make your adventure happen. Save money. Dream big. Have the Adventure of a lifetime for just £1000 (or $1000, â‚¬1000 or ¥1000).
My new book, Grand Adventures, is out now.
It’s designed to help you dream big, plan quick, then go explore.
The book contains interviews and expertise from around 100 adventurers, plus masses of great photos to get you excited.
I would be extremely grateful if you bought a copy here today!
Thank you so much!