Today I’m launching a new venture, my first podcast, and I’m really asking for your help.
It’s critical for the success of a podcast that it gets off to a good start. You can really help me in under 30 seconds by:
- If you use an iPhone, click here then press Subscribe. It doesn’t cost a penny. I’d love you to do this even if you have no intention of listening to me!
- If you use another sort of phone, click here then press Subscribe. It doesn’t cost a penny. I’d love you to do this even if you have no intention of listening to me!
- If you use Spotify, click here then press Follow.
- Post something on social media such as “Living Adventurously looks like an intriguing new podcast. It launches today. Listen to it here: www.alastairhumphreys.com/podcast“
If you can spare another 30 seconds then writing a couple of sentences as a review here would be massively helpful. Basically if Apple notice a podcast in its early days it gets boosted round to loads of new listeners. Subscribes and reviews are key to this.
Now that I’ve got the begging out of the way, I guess I should explain what the podcast is all about!
Back in my youth, my glory days, I spent 4 years cycling around the world. Ever since then I’ve been interested in the idea of Living Adventurously. But the definition of Living Adventurously differs for everyone. And it also changes over time, as our lives and circumstances change.
So I decided to get back on my bike and spend a month asking different people what living adventurously means to them….
Please Subscribe to the Living Adventurously Podcast
(It’s completely free, zero hassle to do, but really helpful for me trying to get a new podcast off the ground. If you’re feeling extra kind, please leave a review on the app – that really helps.)
Listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn (“Alexa, play the Living Adventurously podcast”) or on your favourite podcast platform such as Overcast, Google Podcasts, Pocket Casts, Breaker, Soundcloud, Castbox, Castro.
Here’s a bunch of places you might choose to listen:
- Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/
- Acast: https://t.co/NfzGPEvtso?amp=1
- Podbean: https://www.podbean.com/
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/s?
- Podcast addict: type in this feed – https://feeds.transistor.fm/
- Overcast: https://overcast.fm/+Vxt6L0eSg
- On your computer: https://livingadventurously.
- Pocket Casts: https://pca.st/lz0zbal9
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/?
feed= aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy50cmFuc2lzdG 9yLmZtL2xpdmluZy1hZHZlbnR1cm91 c2x5
- Castro: https://castro.fm/podcast/
- Radiopublic: https://radiopublic.com/
- Breaker: https://www.breaker.audio/
- TuneIn: https://tunein.com/podcasts/
- Alexa / OK Google: “Please play the Living Adventurously podcast.”
- Castbox: https://castbox.fm/va/2486120
- RSS: https://feeds.transistor.fm/
This podcast is brought to you by Komoot
Komoot is a route planning and navigation app that inspires and enables great outdoor experiences.
The personalized planning and navigation tools ensure you plan the adventure that’s perfect for you. Komoot is Europe’s number 1 outdoor app, with route planning and navigation functionality, and strong community-driven inspirational features in the form of recommended Highlights and inspirational route Collections. It is used by over 8.5 million adventurers worldwide. Komoot is becoming the app of choice for cyclists and hikers the world over, with rapid community growth in the UK, the US and other parts of Europe. You can see my ride’s route on komoot here.
I spent a glorious summer month cycling around Yorkshire, the county where I grew up.