I receive a lot of emails from people asking me to promote their Kickstarter campaigns for them. With few exceptions I don’t do this as I get asked so often that my social media streams would get a bit clogged with them.
I hope though that these links I’ve gathered will be of use to you in helping you plan an effective campaign.
If you know of any other great resources on making the most of Kickstarter, please do let me know and I will add them to the list.
- Read The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer – essential reading about building tribes of supporters and the tricky (but critical) difference between ‘asking’ and ‘begging’.
- Thoughts on using Kickstarter for a film.
- Excellent advice from Craigmod.
- A list of 7 things to do before you launch your Kickstarter.
- Tips for making a product video.
- Tim Ferriss with a typically comprehensive take on Kickstarter projects.
- Crowdfunding hacks and resources.
- How Moment raised $450k.
- How Peak Design became Kickstarter Ninjas.
- Adventurer and film-maker Tom Allen has launched two successful campaigns. Here are his thoughts – Part 1 and Part 2.
- Some extremely rude advice (very offensive language warning!) from Modern Toss but it does give quite a pithy summary about one of the pitfalls of many Kickstarter campaigns.