Over the year of interviewing adventurers for my Adventure1000 project, I chatted to lots of folk who’ve written books about their journeys on foot.
If you’re planning a trip of your own I recommend you dipping into some of these before you go.
- Nick Hunt: Walking the Woods and the Water
- Rob Lilwall: Walking Home from Mongolia
- Alastair Humphreys: There Are Other Rivers
- Ed Stafford: Walking the Amazon
- Lev Wood: Walking the Nile
- Karl Bushby: Giant Steps
- Rosie Swale-Pope: Just a Little Run Around the World
- Patrick Leigh Fermor: A Time of Gifts
- Nick Crane: Clear Waters Rising
- Laurie Lee: As I Walked Out One Midsummer Morning
- Stephen Graham: The Gentle Art of Tramping
- Ffyona Campbell: The Whole Story
- Cheryl Strayed: Wild
- Rory Stewart: The Places in Between