- jepgraham bmx bandits
- tobyhillman belleville rendezvous, genius if not completely inspiring.
- orr_james hell on wheels. It documents team telekom during the tour de france. Brilliant
- rideearthtom Breaking Away is a great cycling movie!
- PhilJones40 It can only be The Flying Scotsman featuring @GraemeObree, book is even better.
- Orbitalearth Not sure if it can be classed as a cycling movie but it starts on a bike! 127 Hours
- NattySupertramp The only film I know of is the Bicycle Thieves. It’s about an italian father and son looking for their stolen bicycle.
- fixie_bot try MASH a film about the fixed gear scene in San Fransico.
- paulhensey e.t?
- RichStwits @RideTheDivide is pretty inspirational stuff.
- DanielMartinAdv some good docos: http://bit.ly/d52cdS
- stuwitterer Maybe a docufilm rather than a movie but great none the less http://www.ridethedividemovie.com
- piemanpete Breaking Away – http://imdb.to/9VruAt
And to show that Facebook is not yet dead, there were plenty of offerings from there as well:
Martin Radoczi American Flyers is about all i can think of.
Neil Garrity Breaking Away, 1979. Certainly enjoyed it as a youngster!
Will Hodson Breaking Away, The Flying Scotsman and I can show you some footage of my fancy dress ride as a gladiator through France any time you want too……
Giles P Croft ?+1 for Flying Scotsman. But the best cycling film is Hollentour (Hell on Wheels). Beautifully filmed, awesome soundtrack, a real insight into suffering at the TdF.
Johnny Hall Chasing Legends
Will Hodson Just googled it and A Sunday in Hell and Overcoming are highly rated too…..whole of Sunday in Hell is on youtube if u got a spare hour and a half….
Craig Northam ?’Belleville Rendevous’ (The Triplets of Belleville) for a rather different take on the “cycling film” genre!
Dave McFadden Race across the sky
Roro Kilduff ROAM (for offroad)
Giles P Croft Will, Sunday in Hell is very much a cycling anorak’s documentary (I fall into this category). Interesting, but not hugely inspiring. Overcoming is excellent – it’s got Jens Voigt in it after all – but is very much of its time. A pre-ban Basso vs. a rampaging Armstrong, hmmm.
Claire Delune Anotheer vote for the Triplets of Belleville. One of my all time favorite movies!
David Piper Ride The Divide?
Richard Gregg E.T.?….No. Breakin’ Away? Maybe. When I was a student it was inspiring, anyway. I’m sure it’s dated now though.
Daniel Papadopoulos i’ve just ordered “bicycle dreams” as it looks absolutely insane!! endurance gone mad!!!
Alicia Andrews motorcycle diaries – not really a cycling movie but good nonetheless.
Dickie Greenleaf Follow Me… probably not what you mean, but worth a watch.
Tobias Mews Chasing Legends! About the Tour de France. An amazing film!
- Breaking Away
- American Flyers
- Hell on Wheels
- Road to Roubaix
- A Sunday in Hell
- DeTour the Movie
- Road to Paris
Do you know any good ones that we’ve missed? Have your say below…
Finally, here’s a nostalgic three minutes for me:
To receive a monthly newsletter of the best bits from this blog and any major news simply add your email address here: