For anyone who has enjoyed the concept of microadventures and seeking out the extra-ordinary in the ordinary, here are a few books that may appeal.
- To the River – Olivia Laing
- The Wild Places – Robert Macfarlane
- Book of the Bivvy – Ronald Turnbull
- Running High – Hugh Symonds
- Wild – Jay Griffiths
- Feet in the Clouds – Richard Askwith
- Waterlog – Roger Deakin
- Pilgrim at Tinker Creek – Annie Dillard
- Beachcombing at Miramar – Richard Bode
- The Gentle Art of Tramping – Stephen Graham
Please add any other recommendations in the comments below.
(As an aside, the picture above is all the books that Rob and I were carrying as we cycled through northern Japan. Totally crazy!)