In praise of the humble bivvy bag: some of the stupid (yet wonderfully memorable and uplifting) open air places I have slept.
- On a swimming platform out in the bay in San Sebastian
- On the terraces of Biarritz rugby stadium (a bit of fence climbing required here!)
- In a (new) sewage pipe in Turkey and another one in Spain
- In a drainage pipe under a road in Bolivia (or maybe it was Peru. It was high and cold anyway, and I could see a llama)
- On the first XI cricket square at Oxford University
- On a beach in Scarborough. (This was one of last year’s most popular blog entries)
- On top of Scafell Pike one New Year’s Eve
- On a 3rd floor windowsill in Edinburgh
- On the banks of the Zambezi River listening to hippos walk past
- On an island in the middle of the Yukon River
Does this sound familiar? Share your own daft sleeping spots in the comments. Shameless plugs and links to your own blogs and photos actively encouraged!