My first ever dabbling with the idea of seeking out short, local adventure wherever you happen to live began when I decided to walk home for Christmas. This year I am going to encourage you to do the same thing.
Allow me to explain in video and writing…
This year I’m delighted to be asking you to walk home for Christmas to support homeless and other vulnerable veterans.
I loved my own experience of doing this. It helped me relax after the busy pre-Christmas work rush. It got me out and about at a time when the people you meet on the street are more cheerful than normal. It got me into the festive spirit, excited to see my family. And it did wonders for my Christmas appetite!
So please do get involved and try it yourself this year…
Walking Home For Christmas is Walking With The Wounded’s campaign to support homeless and other vulnerable veterans this Christmas by helping them to reintegrate back into society and regain their independence, through employment. If you don’t sign up and raise money, we can’t support them.
Many of our veterans have walked in far worse and more dangerous environments than we might care to imagine. Be inspired by their determination and challenge yourself to take part.
As I’m trying to encourage people to have more overnight microadventures in their life, I’d love you to plan a hike that involves at least one night sleeping out under the stars.
However you choose to support Walking With The Wounded’s campaign, it doesn’t matter how big or small your walk is. For information about how you, your company or your school can get involved, please click here.
- – Just Ł10 + postage towards the cause to enter
- – Get a pack with a branded Santa hat, hi-vis bib and wristband
- – Walk as far as is challenging for you, be it 1 mile or 100
- – Anywhere and any time in December (1st-26th)
- – Register today and get your pack or up to 35 packs for a fun adventure with your family, friends or colleagues
- – Share your adventure with #WalkingHomeForChristmas and #Microadventure online